Reflections 2016–2017 Theme: What Is Your Story?
Congratulations to the following Pleasanton students who have advanced to the state competition at the California PTA State Convention!
- Lena Garuda, Literature, Intermediate Division
- "Everyone has a story"
- 3rd grade, Hearst Elementary School
- Brenna Lonner, Music Composition, Middle School Division
- "Come at me, catch me"
- 8th grade, Harvest Park Middle School
- Ramen Murugadoss, Film Production, Middle School Division
- "Draw my life"
- 7th grade, Hart Middle School
- Nischay Poovaiah, Film Production, High School Division
- "Founding fathers of America"
- 10th grade, Amador Valley High School
- Akshara Sharma, Dance Choreography, Primary Division
- "My story won't be complete without dancing"
- Kindergarten, Fairlands Elementary School
- Jocelyn Tao, Visual Arts, Middle School Division
- "Forever flying"
- 8th grade, Hart Middle School
- Nja Zuniga, Photography, High School Division
- 11th grade, Amador Valley High School
Reflections Program – Introduction
The Reflections Arts Recognition Program national arts recognition and achievement program for students. Since 1969, more than 10 million students across the nation have taken part in this popular PTA program.
The excitement and enthusiasm that the program generates for students, parents, schools, and communities is unmatched with the majority of California PTAs participating in the program at all PTA levels.
That's why the Reflections Program provides an excellent opportunity for students of all ages to:
- Unleash their creative talents and be inspired
- Express themselves imaginatively in their artwork
- Experience the joy and fun of making art
- Tap into critical thinking skills to create art inspired by the annual theme
- Receive positive recognition for their original works of art
As an added bonus, in showcasing and celebrating student talent, the Reflections Program increases community awareness of the importance of the arts in education.
For more information, please visit our Reflections Facebook
page, or contact Chinar Desai
, Pleasanton PTA Council Reflections chairperson.
How to Participate
The California Reflections Program is open to all students attending PTA schools that sponsor the program.
Art Areas (6)
To participate, students submit an original piece, inspired by the annual theme, for their school's Reflections Program in any of following arts areas:
To allow student artworks to be recognized and judged with the appropriate developmental age and skill levels in mind, the Reflections Program is organized by school grade, offering 5 divisions:
- Dance Choreography
- Film Production
- Music Composition
- Visual Arts
- Primary: Preschool-Grade 2
- Intermediate: Grades 3-5
- Middle/Junior: Grades 6-8
- Senior: Grades 9-12
- Special Artist: Non-Graded Special Artist Division
Reflections Program Levels
Reflections is a nation-wide arts appreciation and recognition program for students sponsored by National PTA.
- Student Reflections entries at a school are first recognized, judged, and celebrated by the local PTA unit.
- Some selected unit entries are then chosen to represent the PTA at the council and district PTA levels.
- Student artwork submitted to California State PTA by a district PTA will be considered for an Award of Excellence and an Award of Merit.
Links to more information
Additional Information & Forms