The Pleasanton PTA Council is pleased to announce the launch of the
Nominations are due by 4 pm on Friday, March 17.
Please save the date!
The awards ceremony will be held the evening of Monday, May 15,
at Trinity Lutheran Church (1225 Hopyard Road).
2017 Advocacy Day for Education
Friday, March 24, 9 am to 2:30 pm
San Ramon Community Center
- Student Well-Being and Safety, with Jon Kleiman, Parent Education Director for Challenge Success. The first part of his presentation will define the issues of health and well-being of today's students based on national trends and survey results concerning sleep-deprivation, stress, anxiety, and cheating. The second part will present solutions for families and school sites.
- California's New Accountability System and its Relationship to the Local Control and Accountability Plan Process, with a representative of California State PTA State Legislator Panel - moderated by John Festerwald, Editor, EdSource
- Steve Glazer, State Senator (District 7)
- Catharine Baker, California Assemblymember (District 16)
- Tim Grayson, California Assemblymember (District 14)
- Panel of Local Superintendents, moderated by John Fensterwald, Editor, EdSource
- Pleasanton Unified School District
- San Ramon Valley Unified School District
- Orinda Union School District