2017 Advocacy Day for Education
Post date: Feb 17, 2017 1:43:10 AM
Friday, March 24, 9 am to 2:30 pm
San Ramon Community Center
Join other parents, educators, elected officials, and community members for the 37th annual PTA Advocacy Day for Education hosted by the Pleasanton PTA Council, San Ramon Valley Council of PTAs, and Las Trampas Creek Council of PTAs.
We will explore topics related to student success, well-being, safety, and how to advocate for a student-centered approach to education. The agenda includes
- Student Well-Being and Safety, with Jon Kleiman, Parent Education Director for Challenge Success. The first part of his presentation will define the issues of health and well-being of today's students based on national trends and survey results concerning sleep-deprivation, stress, anxiety, and cheating. The second part will present solutions for families and school sites.
- California's New Accountability System and its Relationship to the Local Control and Accountability Plan Process, with a representative of California State PTA State Legislator Panel - moderated by John Festerwald, Editor, EdSource
- Steve Glazer, State Senator (District 7)
- Catharine Baker, California Assemblymember (District 16)
- Tim Grayson, California Assemblymember (District 14)
- Panel of Local Superintendents, moderated by John Fensterwald, Editor, EdSource
- Pleasanton Unified School District
- San Ramon Valley Unified School District
- Orinda Union School District